Q: How can I schedule a showing?A: Click on the Schedule a Showing tab to book a day and time that works for you. Most homes will have an electronic lockbox which will allow you access 7 days a week.
Q: Is the rental price negotiable?A: We have priced our homes fairly based on extensive market research. If you would like to offer less than the asking rental amount, we are happy to present the offer to the owner, but this may cause delays in processing your application.
Q: Can you hold the home I’m interested in?A: We can hold a home for up to 10 days with an approved application and security deposit. Without the deposit, we reserve the right to move on to the next applicant.
Q: I’m ready to apply. What do I do next?
Q: How long will the approval process take?A: Applications are usually processed within 2 business days, depending on how quickly your references respond and court records take to return. Applications are processed in the order received and must be completed for all occupants to be considered.
Q: Do I pay the first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?A: The deposit must be paid within 24 hours of your approval. Your first month’s rent will be prorated and due no later than the first day of your lease.
Q: How old do you have to be to apply?A: Each adult, 18 and over, must apply.
Q: Is the deposit refundable?A: Yes, excluding any non-refundable administrative or pet fees. The terms for each specific home is spelled out in the listing.
Q: What is the Resident Benefit Package?A: A monthly administrative fee of $15 covers several beneficial items, including rent credit reporting, quarterly home delivery of furnace filters, as-needed pest control* (some restrictions apply), a 24/7 maintenance hotline and online resident portal. This is on top of the monthly rent, pet rent and any other amounts owed.
Q: Who needs a cosigner?A: Co-signers are accepted for those with lack or rental history or income.
Q: What is a Contingency Approval?A: If you and/or your co-applicants do not meet either the income requirement and/or have a lack of rental history (homeowners are exempt), you will need to apply with a co-signer or will need to pay a double deposit. If you plan on going the co-signer route, make sure to have them apply along with you, because without it, your application will be considered incomplete. If you prefer to pay a double deposit, please note your intention to do so on your application, because without this explanation, your application will be considered incomplete.
Q: I’m approved! What’s next?A: When your application is approved, you will have 24 hours to secure the home by putting down the security deposit before we begin accepting applications again. These funds may be paid online or in person in the form of a cashier's check or money order. Once the deposit is paid, you must sign the lease within 48 hours and begin paying rent and utilities for the property no later than 10 calendar days from the day the of approval or when the property becomes available, whichever comes first. Should you choose not to occupy the property, the deposit becomes non-refundable in exchange for SMPM taking it off the rental market.
Q: How do I pick up the keys to my new place?A: To receive your keys, all utilities must be transferred into your name, no later than your Lease start date. The first month's rent will be prorated and must be paid online or in person in the form of cashier’s check or money order. Key pick up is Monday through Friday, during regular business hours only.
Q: Do I need to get Renter’s Insurance?A: For about $10 month and your belongings can be protected in the case of fire, theft, vandalism or a natural disaster. Highly recommended.
Q: Would the owner consider selling the property?A: Generally, all our homes are only offered for lease. In addition, we do not offer any rent to own properties.
Errors & Omissions:
Every effort has been made to provide applicants with reliable and accurate information regarding the home you are applying for. However, changes can and do take place to cause inaccurate information to be accidentally presented. We encourage all residents to verify schools, allowable pets, expected features, or any HOA concerns prior to signing a lease agreement. Any information posted in any advertisement does NOT constitute a written agreement or guarantee of the facts stated.
To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in the home to two people per bedroom. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws.
All properties are non-smoking. Some properties may not allow pets. Some properties may not allow roommates.
READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION
It is the policy of Smart Move Property Management that all applications must be complete, and all fees paid prior to submission for consideration. Failure to provide any requested information or documentation will deem the application incomplete and therefore will not be considered.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKET INCLUDES THESE 4 ITEMS
- ONLINE APPLICATION: http://www.smartmovepm.com/ ompleted, signed, and dated application for EACH ADULT (18 years and older, married couples too) who will reside in the home.
- FEE: $27.95 NON-REFUNDABLE for each applicant and co-signer, regardless of family/marital status.
- IDENTIFICATION: Copy of each applicant’s valid photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, state ID, passport).
- PET AND ANIMAL PROFILE: https://smartmovepm.petscreening.com All applicants must complete a Pet & Animal Profile. There is a $20 fee for this service to screen a pet, there is no charge for ESA's/service animal. If NO PET or animal is being considered, you will follow the same link and sign a NO PET Agreement and will not be assessed a fee.
PHASE ONE OF APPROVAL
REVIEW CREDIT, RENTAL HISTORY, CRIMINAL BACKGROUND & ANIMALS: Applicant's credit history, rental history, criminal background, and pets/animals will be scored per the criteria listed herein to move into Phase 2.
PHASE 2 OF APPROVAL
VERIFIABLE INCOME: The net income will be verified by our 3rd Party verifier, TheClosingDocs.com per the criteria listed herein to move to Phase 3. There is a $10 fee for this service.
PHASE 3 of APPROVAL
PAY SECURITY DEPOSIT & SIGN LEASE: If your application is approved, you will have 24 hours to secure the home by putting down the security deposit before we begin accepting applications again. These funds may be paid online or in person in the form of a cashier's check or money order. The lease will be sent to you for signature and must be signed within 48 hrs.
How we score your application
- All applicants credit scores must be 650 or higher.
- Scores of 600-649 can sometimes be approved conditionally, but applicants must: 1) have an average of less than 3 or more unpaid collections per person, 2) AND will require a cosigner or a double deposit, 3) AND you must have excellent income and rental history.
- If one or more of the applicant’s score is below 600, we cannot rent to you, even with a co-signer or extra deposit.
- All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment.
- Negative, past due or adverse debt, collections, judgments, and or liens exceeding $10,000 will result in denial of the application, regardless of overall score.
- Applicants with an open bankruptcy will automatically be denied.
- Credit reports supplied by applicants are not accepted.
- One year of good, verifiable (non-family) rental history or homeownership is required immediately preceding the date of your application.
- Co-signers and/or a double deposit may be considered for lack of rental history (without homeownership).
- Evictions, small claims suits and/or collections by any previous or current landlord will be cause for rejection.
- Applications may also be denied for damages beyond normal wear and tear, illegal activity on premises, and/or reports of non-compliance.
- Any landlord reference that includes two or more late payments and or return checks may result in denial or in a double security deposit, at Management's discretion.
- Any instance of a security deposit which was not returned due to damage to the rental unit beyond normal cleaning and/or any instance of proper Intent to Vacate Notice not being given to a landlord and/or a broken lease, may all be cause for denial.
- If you cannot provide contact information for your former landlords, we cannot consider that history and your application score may be affected.
- Applicants may not be accepted if they have been arrested for a violent crime and/or for convictions for which less than seven (7) years have passed from sentence release date to the rental application date. Regardless of date, no applicant will be accepted with a conviction or arrest for: an act of violence (against a person or property), sex crime, burglary, criminal trespass, stalking, vandalism, arson, gang involvement, or illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs. However, per Federal regulations, special accommodations may be requested for certain drug and/or alcohol-related convictions.
- Income will be verified by a trusted 3rd party, encrypted verification company, The Closing Docs.
- Families/couples must be able to prove a combined monthly net income of at least THREE times the monthly rent.
- Roommates must prove their net income to be at least TWICE the rent amount EACH.
- Additional sources of income (for example SSI, liquid assets, retirement income, etc.) can be counted if it is verifiable.
- Unemployment, child support, and or spousal support is never considered income.
- Income guidelines may be waived at the discretion of SMPM if applicant pre-pays rent for the full term of the lease.
- If you are relocating from out of the area, we will need verifiable documentation to show you have verifiable income once you relocate.
- Two or more unrelated adult individuals will be considered Roommates. All roommates will be subject to a double deposit.
- Co-signer must have a credit score of no less than 700, must make 4x the monthly rent and be a resident of Idaho, Washington or Oregon.
- Co-signers are only accepted to cure a lack of rental history or scores above 600 only, never to overcome bad credit or lack of income.
- Co-signers must apply along with the applicant for the application to be considered complete.
- We do not currently have any properties that accept Boise City/Ada County Housing Authority contracts.
MONTHLY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
A monthly administrative fee of $15 covers several beneficial items, including rent credit reporting, quarterly home delivery of furnace filters, as-needed pest control* (some restrictions apply), a 24/7 maintenance hotline, and online resident portal is charged on each lease. This is on top of the monthly rent, pet rent, and any other amounts owed.
Applications are usually processed within 2 business days, depending on how quickly your references respond and are processed on weekdays only. Applications are processed in the order received and must be completed for all occupants to be considered.
Once the deposit is paid, you must sign the lease within 48 hours and begin paying rent and utilities for the property no later than 10 calendar days from the day the of approval or when the property becomes available, whichever comes first or we will move on to the next application in line. Should you choose not to occupy the property, any and all funds paid become non-refundable as liquid damages in exchange for SMPM taking it off the rental market.
KEY PICK UP
To receive your keys, all utilities must be transferred into your name, no later than your Lease start date. The first month's rent will be prorated and must be paid online or in-person in the form of cashier’s check or money order. Key pick up is Monday through Friday, during regular business hours only.
Occupancy Guidelines: To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in the home to two people per bedroom. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws. All properties are non-smoking. Some properties may not allow pets. No more than 3 roommates will be accepted. Please note some properties may not allow roommates or restrict them to 2 adults. Your application will be denied if you misrepresented any information on your application.
Properties become available when they are ready to rent. A vacant property will not be deemed available until it has been cleaned and prepared for the new resident. Availability is subject to change at any time.
Pet & Animal Policy
Rental applications with household pets and or service/companion/assistance animals are required to submit a pet profile through a third-party pet screening company and provide photos and vaccinations records as a part of our rental application process. This applies across the board for any non-human animals that will occupy the home. Pet screenings are $20 for the first pet and $15 for additional pets. Service/companion animals are exempt.
PetScreening.com will assign a “Paw Score” that will determine your monthly pet rent and a one-time non-refundable pet fee. This score is determined using a proprietary formula that considers things like pet age, weight, breed, vaccination records, etc.
- 5 Paws - $250 pet fee, $25/mo
- 4 Paws - $300 pet fee, $30/mo
- 3 Paws - $350 pet fee, $35/mo
- 2 Paws - $400 pet fee, $40/mo
- 1 Paw - $500 pet fee, $50/mo (highest risk)
Not all properties allow pets, which is at the discretion of the property owner. Livestock animals, poisonous, dangerous, or exotic animals, and dogs that are considered "aggressive breeds' ' are prohibited. Aggressive dogs may include but are not limited to: Pit Bull Terriers, Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Presa Canarios, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas, Wolf-hybrids, Mastiffs, Cane Corsos, Great Danes, Alaskan Malamutes, Husky or any breed of guard dog trained to attack. The foregoing applies to both purebred and any mix containing one of these breeds. No pets may be puppies or kittens under one-year-old.Click here to start your Pet Screening