View our current vacancies in Boise & the surrounding area.
Schedule showings for homes you're interested in visiting.
When you're ready, click "Apply" on any listing to get started.
Our Application Process
Before you begin:
PLEASE READ OUR RENTAL CRITERIA SECTION BELOW PRIOR TO STARTING YOUR APPLICATION.
To process your application the following is required:
The application will not be considered with missing or false information or documentation. Each applicant must individually meet all criteria.
- APPLICATION: Complete online application for EACH ADULT (18 years and older) who will reside in the home.
- FEE: $35 NON-REFUNDABLE for each applicant and co-signer, regardless of family/marital status.
- IDENTIFICATION: Copy of each applicant’s valid photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, state ID, passport).
- PROOF OF INCOME (pick one):
- A) Four most recent, consecutive paystubs.
- B) Letter of hire/offer letter if you are staring new employment or have started within the last 30 days.
- C) For self-employed or retired individuals, a copy of your last two years income tax returns and copies of your two most recent bank statements, business and personal are required.
- PET OWNERS: Please confirm the property you are interested in accepts pets. You will then need to go to petscreening.com and complete and share a pet profile for each pet. Additional pet deposit and pet rent is applicable.
- Your credit score must be 650 or higher. Know your score before you apply.
- If your score is below 600, we cannot rent to you, even with a co-signer or extra deposit.
- Scores of 600-649 can sometimes be approved conditionally, but applicants must: 1) have an average of less than 3 or more unpaid collections per person, 2) AND will require a double deposit or a co-signer, 3) AND you must have excellent income and rental history.
- All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment.
- Negative or adverse debt exceeding $10,000 will result in denial of the application.
- Applicants with an open bankruptcy, however, will automatically be denied.
- Credit reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted.
- RENTAL HISTORY:
- One year of verifiable (non-family) & favorable rental history or home ownership is required.
- If you've owned a home, your payment history will reflect on your credit report.
- Co-signers and/or double deposits may be considered for lack of rental history, foreclosure or short sale.
- Evictions, small claims suits and/or collections by any previous or current landlord will be cause for rejection.
- Applications may also be denied for damages beyond normal wear and tear, illegal activity on premises, and/or reports of non-compliance.
- Any landlord reference that includes 3 or more late payments per calendar year, will result in a double security deposit.
- Any instance of a security deposit which was not returned due to damage of the rental unit beyond normal cleaning and/or any instance of proper Intent to Vacate Notice not being given to a landlord and/or a broken lease, may all be cause for denial.
- Families/couples must be able to prove a combined monthly income of at least THREE times the monthly rent.
- Roommates must prove their income to be at least TWICE the rent amount EACH.
- Additional sources of income, such as child support, SSI, etc., can be counted as long as it is verifiable.
- Unemployment is never considered income.
- Income guidelines may be waived at the discretion of SMPM if applicant pre-pays rent for the full term of the lease.
- CRIMINAL HISTORY:
- Convictions on crimes against a person and/or property are not considered. Additional causes for denial include but are not limited to: 1) Illegal drug or gang involvement of any kind, 2) Any violent act against another person, 3) Vandalism, arson, etc., 4) Burglary, 5) Criminal Trespass, 6) Stalking.
- Co-signer must have a credit score no less than 700, must make 4x the monthly rent and be a resident of the Pacific Northwest.
- Co-signers are accepted to cure an income shortage or lack or rental history only, not to overcome bad credit.
- HOUSING SUBSIDIES:
- We do not accept Boise City/Ada County Housing Authority contracts.
- NUMI REPORT:
- Required if requested at any time of the application process.
If you and/or your co-applicants do not meet either the income requirement and/or have a lack of rental history (homeowners are exempt), you will need to apply with a co-signer or will need to pay a double deposit. If you plan on going the co-signer route, make sure to have them apply along with you. If you prefer to pay a double deposit, please note this on your application.
ANIMALS: PETS AND SERVICE ANIMALS
Rental applications with household pets and/or service/companion/assistance animals are required to submit a pet profile, per pet, through a third-party pet screening vendor (www.petscreening.com) as a part of our rental application process. There is a charge for this service for pets, while service/companion/assistance animals are exempt.
Our refundable pet deposit range is between $250-$500, due with Move In funds. Pet rent will apply.
Guard dog breeds are not permitted.
Applications are usually processed within 2 business day, depending on how quickly your references respond and are processed on weekdays only.
If your application is approved, you will have 24 hours to secure the home by putting down the security deposit before we begin accepting applications again. Security Deposit funds may be paid online or in the form of a cashier's check or money order. No personal checks or cash will be accepted.
Once the deposit is paid, you must sign the lease within 48 hours and begin paying rent and utilities for the property no later than 10 calendar days from the day the of approval or when the property becomes available, whichever comes first.
Should you choose not to occupy the property, the deposit becomes non-refundable in exchange for SMPM taking it off the rental market.
KEY PICK UP
To receive your keys, all utilities must be transferred in to your name, no later than your Lease start date. The first month's rent will be prorated and can be paid online through your tenant portal or in person via cashier’s check or money order.
Key pick up is Monday through Friday, during regular business hours only.
Do yourself a favor and get yourself Renters Insurance. You can call your current insurance agent (ex: for your car insurance) and for about $10 month, sometimes less, you and your belongings can be protected in the case of fire, theft, vandalism or a natural disaster.
We are an Equal Opportunity Housing Provider. We comply with the federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. We also comply with state and local fair housing laws.
Occupancy Guidelines: To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in the apartment/house to two people per bedroom. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws.
All properties are non-smoking
Some properties may not allow pets
Some properties may not allow roommates