Phone 208-906-0196 ● Fax 866-404-2381
2645 N Cole Rd, Ste A, Boise ID 83704 ● www.smartmovepm.com
READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION
WHAT IS NEEDED TO APPLY
Apply online at www.smartmovepm.com. Please complete the application thoroughly. Failure to provide any requested information or documentation will deem the application incomplete and therefore will not be considered. To process your application, we must receive the following:
- APPLICATION: Complete, signed and dated application for EACH ADULT (18 years and older) who will reside in the home.
- FEE: $35 NON-REFUNDABLE for each applicant and co-signer, regardless of family/marital status.
- IDENTIFICATION: Copy of each applicant’s valid photo ID (drivers license, military ID, state ID, passport).
- PROOF OF INCOME (pick one):
- A) Four most recent, consecutive paystubs.
- B) Letter of hire/offer letter if you are staring new employment or have started within the last 30 days.
- C) For self-employed or retired individuals, copies of your last two years income tax returns are required and copies of your two most recent bank statements, business and personal.
If you and/or your co-applicants do not meet either the income requirement and/or have a lack of rental history (homeowners are exempt), you will need to apply with a co-signer or will need to pay a double deposit. If you plan on going the co-signer route, make sure to have them apply along with you. If you prefer to pay a double deposit, please note your intention to do so on your application.
HOW WE SCORE YOUR APPLICATION
- Your credit score must be 650 or higher. Know your score before you apply.
- If your score is below 600, we cannot rent to you, even with a co-signer or extra deposit.
- Scores of 600-649 can sometimes be approved conditionally, but applicants must: 1) have an average of less than 3 or more unpaid collections per person, 2) AND will require a double deposit or a co-signer, 3) AND you must have excellent income and rental history.
- All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment.
- Negative or adverse debt exceeding $10,000 will result in denial of the application.
- Applicants with an open bankruptcy, however, will automatically be denied.
- Credit reports supplied by applicants are not accepted.
- RENTAL HISTORY:
- One year of verifiable (non-family) rental history or home ownership is required.
- If you've owned a home, your payment history will reflect on your credit report.
- Co-signers and/or double deposits may be considered for lack of rental history, foreclosure or short sale.
- Evictions, small claims suits and/or collections by any previous or current landlord will be cause for rejection.
- Applications may also be denied for damages beyond normal wear and tear, illegal activity on premises, and/or reports of non-compliance.
- Any landlord reference that includes 3 or more late payments per calendar year, will result in a double security deposit.
- Any instance of a security deposit which was not returned due to damage of the rental unit beyond normal cleaning and/or any instance of proper Intent to Vacate Notice not being given to a landlord and/or a broken lease, may all be cause for denial.
- Families/couples must be able to prove a combined monthly income of at least THREE times the monthly rent.
- Roommates must prove their income to be at least TWICE the rent amount EACH.
- Additional sources of income (example: child support, SSI, etc.) can be counted as long as it is verifiable.
- Unemployment is never considered income.
- Income guidelines may be waived at the discretion of SMPM if applicant pre-pays rent for the full term of the lease.
- CRIMINAL HISTORY:
- Convictions on crimes against a person and/or property are not considered. Additional causes for denial include but are not limited to: 1) Illegal drug or gang involvement of any kind, 2) Any violent act against another person, 3) Vandalism, arson, etc., 4) Burglary, 5) Criminal Trespass, 6) Stalking.
- Co-signer must have a credit score no less than 700, must make 4x the monthly rent and be a resident of the Pacific Northwest.
- Co-signers are only accepted to cure an income shortage or lack or rental history only, not to overcome bad credit.
- HOUSING SUBSIDIES:
- We do not accept Boise City/Ada County Housing Authority contracts.
- NUMI REPORT:
- Required if requested at any time of the application process.
ANIMALS: PETS AND SERVICE ANIMALS
Rental applications with household pets and or service/companion/assistance animals are required to submit a pet profile through a third-party pet screening vendor as a part of our rental application process. This applies across the board for any non-human animals that will occupy the home. Please visit www.petscreening.com and complete and share your profile. There is a charge for this service for pets, while service/companion/assistance animals are exempt.
PetScreening.com will assign a “Paw Score” that will determine your monthly pet rent and a one-time non-refundable pet fee. This score is determined using a proprietary formula that considers things like pet age, weight, breed, vaccination records, etc. Guard dog breeds are not permitted. Not all properties allow pets. The pet fee and pet rent are as follows:
5 Paws - $250 pet fee, $25/mo
4 Paws - $300 pet fee, $30/mo
3 Paws - $350 pet fee, $35/mo
2 Paws - $400 pet fee, $40/mo
1 Paw - $500 pet fee, $50/mo (highest risk)
MONTHLY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
A monthly administrative fee of $15 covers several beneficial items, including quarterly home delivery of furnace filters, as-needed pest control* (some restrictions apply), a 24/7 maintenance hotline and online resident portal is charged on each lease. This is on top of the monthly rent, pet rent and any other amounts owed.
Applications are usually processed within 2 business day, depending on how quickly your references respond and are processed on weekdays only. Applications are processed in the order received and must be completed for all occupants to be considered.
If your application is approved, you will have 24 hours to secure the home by putting down the security deposit before we begin accepting applications again. These funds may be paid online or in person in the form of a cashier's check or money order. Once the deposit is paid, you must sign the lease within 48 hours and begin paying rent and utilities for the property no later than 10 calendar days from the day the of approval or when the property becomes available, whichever comes first. Should you choose not to occupy the property, the deposit becomes non-refundable in exchange for SMPM taking it off the rental market.
KEY PICK UP
To receive your keys, all utilities must be transferred in to your name, no later than your Lease start date. The first month's rent will be prorated and must be paid online or in person in the form of cashier’s check or money order. Key pick up is Monday through Friday, during regular business hours only.
Renters Insurance is about $10 month and your belongings can be protected in the case of fire, theft, vandalism or a natural disaster.
Occupancy Guidelines: To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in the home to two people per bedroom. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws.
All properties are non-smoking. Some properties may not allow pets. Some properties may not allow roommates. Revised 2/2019