View our current vacancies in Boise & the surrounding area.
Schedule showings for homes you're interested in visiting.
When you're ready, click "Apply" on any listing to get started.
Application and Fees
Please complete the application thoroughly. Failure to provide any requested information would deem the application incomplete and therefore will not be considered. To process your application we must receive the following:
- APPLICATION: Complete, signed and dated application for each adult (18 years and older) who will reside in the home.
- FEE: $35 NON-REFUNDABLE for each applicant and co-signer, regardless of family/marital status.
- IDENTIFICATION: Copy of applicant's valid photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, state ID, passport).
- PROOF OF INCOME: Four most recent paystubs or direct deposit receipts. For self-employed or retired individuals, a copy of your last two years income tax returns are required and copies of your two most recent bank statements, business and personal. Verifiable income proving the minimum requirements as listed below under Income.
- PET OWNERS: Upload a photo of your pet(s) with applicant. Please note, not all properties allow pets. (Not required for companion/support animals.)
- RENTAL HISTORY: Verifiable (non-family) rental history for the past one year is required. If you've owned a home, your payment history will reflect on your credit report. Co-signers and/or double deposits may be considered for lack of rental history, foreclosure or short sale. Evictions, small claims suits and/or collections by any previous or current landlord will be cause for rejection. Applications may also be denied for damages beyond normal wear and tear, illegal activity on premises and/or reports of non-compliance. Any landlord reference that includes 3 or more late payments per calendar year, will result in double deposit. Any instance of a security deposit which was not returned due to damage of the rental unit beyond normal cleaning/repairs and/or any instance of property Intent to Vacate Notice not being given to a landlord and/or a broken lease, may all be cause for denial.
- INCOME: Families/couples must be able to prove a combined monthly income of at least THREE times the monthly rent. Roommates must prove their income to be at least TWICE the rent amount EACH. Food stamps, child support and SSI can be counted as income so as long as it is verifiable. Unemployment is never considered income. Income guidelines may be waived at the discretion of SMPM if applicant pre-pays rent for the full term of the lease.
- CREDIT: Your credit score must be 650 or higher. If your score is below 600, we cannot rent to you, even with a co-signer or extra deposit. Scores of 600-649 can sometimes be approved if conditionally, but applicants must 1) have an average of less than three or more unpaid collections per person, 2) AND will require a double deposit or a co-signer, 3) AND you must have excellent income and rental history. Negative or adverse debt exceeding $10,000 will result in denial of the application. Applicants with an open bankruptcy will automatically be denied. All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment. Credit reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted.
- CO-SIGNERS: Co-signer must have a credit score no less than 700, must make 4x the monthly rent and be a resident of the Pacific Northwest. Co-signers are accepted to cure an income shortage or lack of rental history, not to overcome bad credit.
- CRIMINAL HISTORY: Convictions on crimes against a person and/or property are not considered. Additional causes for denial include but are limited to: 1) Illegal drug or gang involvement of any kind, 2) Any violent act against another person, 3) Vandalism, arson, etc., 4) Burglary, 5) Criminal Trespass, 6) Stalking.
- NUMI REPORT: If requested at any stage of the leasing process.
- HOUSING SUBSIDIES: Smart Move Property Management does not accept Boise City/Ada County Housing Authority contracts.
- ROOMMATES: Roommates must prove their income to be AT LEAST twice the rent amount EACH. SMPM will place a maximum of 3 roommates in a property. Some properties may not allow roommates, or prohibit more than 2 unrelated adults.
Application Processing Time
Applications are usually processed within 2 business day, depending on how quickly your references respond.
If your application is approved, you will have 24 hours to secure the home by putting down the security deposit before we begin accepting applications again. These funds must be in the form of a cashier’s check, money order or paid online. Once the deposit is paid, you must sign the lease within 48 hours and begin paying rent and utilities for the property no later than 10 calendar days from the day you are accepted. Should you choose not to occupy the property, the deposit becomes nonrefundable in exchange for CPM taking it off the rental market.
Fair Housing Compliant
We are an Equal Opportunity Housing Provider. We comply with the federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. We also comply with state and local fair housing laws.